[An electronic documentation of the music scene in
Bucks County, Pennsylvania]

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Doylestown Shows




I've noticed that in late-July early-August there are a bunch of cool shows going on in Doylestown.

07.31.10 | 7 PM
SIRENOISE PRESENTS: A VERY COMMUNAL COMMOTION
PEASANT @ CIGAR PARLOR
THE FEVERFEW @ ESTETIKS
PERSON L @ SIREN RECORDS

For Person L, think ex-Starting Line. For Feverfew, think one of Doylestown's best kept secrets. For Peasant, think is it 2006 again? ("Peasant at the Cigar Parlor" just sounds RIGHT.) And bravo to Sirenoise, aka Siren Records, for putting on these Communal Commotions. I think this is #5 and it's a much needed institution in Doylestown. Here's to number #555.


08.06.10 | 7 PM
SIREN RECORDS
SUPERGOOSE + METROPLEX

Supergoose is Bucks' answer to MGMT, but the more electronic side of MGMT, rather than the psychedelic side no one really likes as much. Supergoose is Joe Ujj's band - you'll remember him from Birdie Num Num. For all the awesomeness of Birdie Num Num, I think I already like Supergoose better.

08.07.10 | 6:30 PM
ESTETIKS
PSEUDO SLANG + THRIFT STORE JOCKS

This is an interesting hip-hop show featuring Pseudo Slang, a mid-western(?) hip-hop group in the Digable Planets/Tribe vein. I think Thrift Store Jocks are from dtown, but I can't find anything online about them. Post a comment if you know.


...and finally, the boys in Cheers Elephant just emailed me to tell me they are playing Puck on August 5. That's a Thorpe Productions/Origivation show, so alt-rock is probably on the menu along with CE.

No comments: